We need your input to help Archives New Zealand develop a long-term strategy. We want your feedback on the ideas and strategic focus areas outlined in our discussion document. Are we thinking about the right questions? How might our role change in the future? Your insights will assist us to develop a long-term strategy for Archives New Zealand.
The year 2057 will mark 100 years since the establishment of New Zealand’s national archive institution through the Archives Act 1957. While 2057 seems a long time away, Archives New Zealand needs to be focused on the long term to ensure the record of government is available for New Zealanders now and in the future.
Our performance as a regulator today has a major impact on government’s information assets into the future. Full, accurate, trustworthy and accessible records are necessary for government to be held accountable. Your input will help Archives develop a long-term strategy.
More information and the discussion document is available on the govt.nz website https://www.govt.nz/browse/engaging-with-government/have-your-say/archives-2057/
Comments are open until 5pm on 4 November 2016
You can subscribe for updates about the consultation or email directly.
Public meetings are also planned (details below).
Meeting info, dates and times
The Chief Archivist will be leading a series of meetings on the Archives 2057 discussion document. This will provide a face-to-face opportunity to discuss your feedback and learn more about the work to date.
- Christchurch – Monday 10 October 2016, 2pm–4pm
- Dunedin – Tuesday 11 October 2016, 10am–12pm
- Wellington – Wednesday 12 October 2016, 2pm–4pm (NB this session is targeted towards government agencies, recordkeepers and information managers)
- Wellington – Thursday 13 October 2016, 2pm–4pm (NB this session is targeted towards researchers, genealogists, historians and other archives users)
- Auckland Central – Friday 14 October 2016, 9.30am–11.30am (NB this session is targeted towards researchers, genealogists, historians and other archives users)
- South Auckland – Friday 14 October 2016, 1pm–3pm (NB this session is targeted towards government agencies, recordkeepers and information managers).
If you wish to attend one of these meetings, please email Archives2057@dia.govt.nz to register.
We look forward to hearing from you.